Thursday, October 13, 2022

TALE OF TWO WORSHIP LEADERS


Based on the Parable of the Publican and the Tax Collector

 

Two worship leaders went to the altar to offer a song to The Lord, one well-learned, the other self-taught. The well-learned worship leader prayed to himself, “Thank God I’m not like those worship leaders at Bethel, Hillsong, Elevation or even this wannabe songwriter next to me. I scrutinize worship songs twice a week. I only use the best of the best, those rich with theology, that the elect might learn of your sovereignty.” The self-taught worship leader fell to his knees, raised his eyes to heaven and prayed, “Lord, I pray that this little song I wrote blesses you. Please receive it as my offering of praise. It’s a simple song, not so rich in theology, but it comes from the heart. I wrote it especially for you.” I tell you, this man left the altar more rewarded than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.




No comments:

Post a Comment